Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Birthday Cake

My friend Allison turned the big 3-0 yesterday and had a party. I bought this pan a while ago and have been dying to use it. A 3 tiered cake with present on top is perfect for a big party right?!? I was terrified the cake wouldn't come out of the pan, but the baking was perfect. Everything was great with the tiers. Unfortunately fav friend Celsey (who I can't even believe I've only known for 8 months) was en route to Lake Powell when the disaster of trying to decorate the present happened. I planned to use fondant but ran out of time and had to resort to the star tip. Attempting that thing alone was a bit ambitious. It worked fine, but there will definitely be more trial runs with the present pan.






could my crappy cell phone pics get any worse? i NEED the iphone 5 to hurry the heck up and come out

2 comments:

  1. First of all...Thank you for the proper reference! Haha! I was dying! I am so glad that the cake turned out! I think it is SOOOOO cute! You should be very proud of that 3 tier monster and the cute little presents! We need to fondant soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lexi's mom for telling me to use the star tip. why didn't i think of that? we need to make lots and lots of little present cakes for the air design marketing and maybe even brave the fondant.

      Delete