Sunday, July 8, 2012

homemade matching toy

I absolutely 100% did not come up with this idea on my own. Brianna told me she saw it on pinterest. I meant to look it up but never did. I just figured out my own easy way of doing it, and it was pretty simple.

disclaimer...this was going to be a really good tutorial. i took step by step pictures with my camera even, BUT the first several saved on the internal memory of my camera. how does that even happen? i don't have one clue where the cord is so i'll try to be descriptive.

supplies
pringles can
hot glue
butcher paper (or some other paper to cover the can)
tape (i used washi tape)
hole puncher
reinforcement labels (ya know...the kind you used in 6th grade when you tore the holes in your papers)
markers
pipe cleaners

steps 1-3  not pictured..so sorry

1. cut paper to cover pringles can
2. cover can completely
3. use a little hot glue (or glue stick if you like that stuff) on the inside paper to glue it to the can and also glue the paper to the paper so it stays in place

4. secure the paper with some tape. i like this fun washi tape found at wal mart of all places


5. punch holes in the lid of the pringles can. i did 3.


6. color reinforcements with marker


7.  put reinforcements around holes in lid



8. match pipe cleaners to the holes


finished product


if you want pipe cleaners to go all the way in the can, trim the tops off. they cut easily with regular scissors


this was so easy to make. i might add a kid's name to the other side of the can to make it more personalized. i can't wait to add this to some kid's church bag or use for home visits for my job.


No comments:

Post a Comment