Tuesday, April 24, 2012

birthday party invitations

When super crafty co-worker Emily emailed me and asked if she could hire me to make her son's birthday party invitations, I got nervous. She is way more crafty than I am but just didn't have the time to pull something together. The party didn't really have a theme except it was a mixed gender party for a boy turning 11. Talk about scary... I got on pinterest and found some cute ideas. I mostly followed this tutorial from Capernaum Home.

get ready for lots of tracing and lots of cutting. a cricut would have been really helpful


after all the cutting, i did lots of writing with all the party details. 


glue with hot glue. i started with a glue stick, and it just wasn't sticky enough. i mostly use hot glue for everything.

i didn't take pictures the confetti i put inside with the pendants. this is a toilet paper roll wrapped in wrapping paper. this was the worst step of the whole thing.


i was pretty happy with the way they turned out, and emily and her son loved them...phew

2 comments:

  1. I am a billion years behind with everything in the blogging world. . .and I came here just now to find your freezer recipes. . .TOTALLY got side-tracked checking out how you made these cute invites. . .x'd off of your blog, THEN thought, "Oh yeah! I needed her recipes!" THAT's how much I love the idea of these invites! :) I swear, there is nothing you can't do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so nice. thanks! did you find the freezer meals? i was on my phone when i emailed you back, but i can find them on the computer if you didn't find them.

      Delete