Sunday, April 15, 2012

gluten free lasagna


I've been loving spaghetti squash for a few years, but I only recently started using it as a substitute for pasta. I made a lasagnaesque meal with spaghetti squash instead of noodles. It was so good!

1 spaghetti squash cooked
shredded mozzarella or italian blend cheese
32 oz can spaghetti sauce (I used garlic and onion)
15 oz can diced tomatoes drained
cottage cheese 
ground turkey cooked with 1 small chopped onion
garlic salt

cover 9x13 pan with sauce
layer spaghetti squash, sauce, ground turkey, very thin layer of mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, tomatoes, sprinkle with garlic salt, more spaghetti, more sauce, a little more mozzarella cheese
cover with foil and bake 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes

In case you think I'm nutso and want the original recipe, here it is. Best part is no pre cooking the noodles.

8 ox box lasagna noodles
3-4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 c. parmesan cheese
32 oz 4 cheese spaghetti sauce
15 oz diced tomatoes drained
4 c cottage cheese
1 tsp garlic salt

1. combine parmesan and garlic salt in small bowl
2. cover 9x13 pan with sauce
3. layer noodles, sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, tomatoes, noodles
4. repeat 3x
5. put all cheese except mozzarella on last layer
6. cover with foil and bake 375 degrees for 1 hour
7. remove foil and cover with mozzarella cheese
8. cook 10 more min

Let me know if you try the lasagnaesque meal. I think you'll like it!

1 comment:

  1. Okay...so I just had this for lunch and it was SO GOOD! Thanks for you leftovers! AND I'm going to put this one in the book for future meals!

    ReplyDelete