Sunday, January 22, 2012

heart wreath

This wreath is all over the internet. I've been dying to make it so I finally did. I love it!
I used the tutorial from the idea room and adapted it a little. 

I didn't think about this until it was too late, but next time I MIGHT wrap it in red yarn or fabric so white doesn't show anywhere. More felt for more circles would be good too, but due to the spending freeze I had to work with what I already had.

Supplies
heart wreath (found at Hobby Lobby)
red felt (i bought 3/4 yard but wish i had a little more)
pins
circle pattern (i used the inside of a roll of masking tape and a wooden circle)
pen for tracing


1. trace circles (I used 2 sizes to give wreath a little more dimension)
2. cut out circles. i used gingher scissors and could cut 4 layers at a time
3. fold circle in half
4. fold in half again
5. pin base of folded circle into wreath
6. i started out super close together..probably too close together
7. cover wreath randomly using big and small circles
8. attach ribbon (i used hot pink) with a pin and hang





these are officially the crappiest cell phone pictures i have ever taken. i really need to stop being so lazy about my picture taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment