Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Beginnings...Churchy Craft

We had our New Beginnings for Young Women this week. If you're like me and have no idea what that is, it's a program to introduce the girls who will be turning 12 this year to Young Women and Personal Progress. For more info, visit lds.org.

The theme for the youth this year is "Arise and Shine Forth" D&C 115:5. We played off that theme and made the theme of the night Step Up and centered it around shoes. We have basically no budget so decorating had to be pretty cheap. I borrowed the pom pom garland, frames, pom poms on a stick, and serving trays. I tied shoe boxes with homemade baker's twine and added a few of my shoes. We gave the girls a sugar foot scrub as the gift and served shoe sugar cookies for dessert. Considering our budget or lack of, everything turned out really cute.








1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so cute! You're the perfect person to be in YW, I bet they all think you're so cool

    ReplyDelete