Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Seeds

We carved pumpkins with the little tykes in class the other day. I saved the seeds and was so excited to bake them. I couldn't remember exactly how I did it last year. I got a few ideas from Pinterest and ended up doing a mix of savory and sweet.

Sweet
Seeds
Honey
Coat. Stir. Spread on baking sheet. Bake at 300• for 30 min. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake another 30in.
Review- sticky mess. Had to be warm to get off cookie sheet. Not my fave.

Savory
Seeds
Olive oil
Chili powder
Garlic salt
Cumin
Toss with garlic oil. Sprinkle spices. Bake 60 min at 300•

Review- better than sweet but not as good as last year which might have been olive oil, brown sugar, and chili powder.

Anyone have any good tips for pumpkin seeds?

No comments:

Post a Comment